Tuesday 12 April 2011

Audience feedback Results


This is how I worked out each percentage from my questionnaire.
















After asking an A2 media class to fill in my questionnaire, I feel that overall I have created a successful media product. Question one of my questionnaire was ‘On a scale from one to five, how convincing is my music video as a real media text?’ and 30% of students gave it a 5, 50% gave it a 4 and 20% gave it a 3. This tells me that the majority of students thought that my video was as convincing as a real media text. A score of 3 is average, but only 20% gave it this score so I was pleased with the results for this question as it proved my music video to be fairly convincing. Question two of the questionnaire was ‘How effective did you find the performance aspect of the video?’ 40% of students gave it a 5, 30% gave it a 4 and 30% gave it a 3. I believe that the performance aspect was probably the strongest but according to these results but according to these results, a few students found it mediocre. I thought that this was quite an unfair result as the actors put a lot of effort into the performance, however, the students would have been honest and if I did the music video again I would make sure that the performance aspect would be improved. Question three was ‘How well do you feel the green screen clips worked with the rest of the video?’ 50% gave it a 5, 20% gave it a 4, 20% gave it a 3 and 10% gave it a 2. This result was one of the weakest out of any of the other questions; therefore if I could do the music video again I would definitely improve the green screen clips. I felt that the background worked well with the rest of the video, but, agreeing with 10% of students, it could be improved. There could have been a number of different backgrounds to make the video slightly more interesting and aesthetically pleasing. On the other hand, I am pleased with the results of this question as 70% of students gave it a 5 or a 4. Question 4 of my questionnaire was ‘How effective did you find the editing?’ and 40% of the class gave it a 5, 40% gave it a 4 and 20% of the class gave it a 3, so again, the results were fairly good for this question. The editing in my video mainly consisted of fades, chromo keying, slow motion and changing the colour, contrast and brightness. I imagine that the 20% of students that found the editing average would probably have wanted to see more effects and variation; this is one of the things I would change if I were to improve it. Question five was ‘How effective is the video, magazine advert and digipak all together?’ 10% gave it a score of 5, 30% gave it a 4 and 60% gave it a 3, so overall the results for this question showed that it was pretty average. These were the weakest set of results from the questionnaire and I do feel that my video, magazine advert and digipak could have been linked together more. The black and white tones I felt created the same mood but the majority felt that they didn’t match greatly. So if I had the opportunity to do this task again I would definitely change my digipak and poster to appear more relevant to my video. Question six was ‘Do you think the video and song worked well together?’. The results for this question were the strongest with 60% of students scoring it a 5, 30% scoring a 4 and 10% giving it a 3. I felt more confident asking this question to the students because I felt that the pace and the tone of the song went well with the pace and the tone of the video, so I was pleased with these results. At the bottom of the questionnaire I asked for ‘any additional comments’ and only three people wrote. The first comment said ‘lip syncing could have been timed a bit better’. I believe that this is true because there is one section of my video which could have been slightly more synced to the music, but I tried my best and I believe that I still created a successful media product. The second comment said ‘An effective music video! Instantly attracted both visually and audibly and its effectiveness can be gauged by the fact that you can still remember it so clearly long after it’s ended. A truly professional piece of work.’ This comment tells me that my media products are a success and it pleases me that such impact can be made by my work. The final comment read ‘I could have easily mistaken this video for a professional music video’ which again shows me that I have created a successful media product. I found this way of gathering audience feedback very effective as I didn’t know the class who answered my questionnaire, therefore all questions were answered with honesty and according to my results I believe I have created a successful media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment