Monday 3 January 2011

Editing and change of plan

Today I uploaded my footage onto the editing suite, I had never used an editing suite before so I wasn't too confident. But I opened up Adobe Premier and rendered all of the footage, I then renamed it all so that I could recognise each clip. I also uploaded the audio onto Adobe Premier.
However, once I watched my footage in the dining room where they were supposed to have an argument I realised it was not going to work! The acting was poor and they just couldn't get into character, I feel that I can't make the actors perform so a better option would be to change my video.
I am going to change my video totally and use a different narrative.
I have decided to keep the foreshore footage because the mood and the tone is very romantic and soft which I wanted, and the acting was really good in these clips. Also, the footage which was filmed in the wood was also good so I will still apply this to my video.

Change of idea
I am going to use the foreshore clips and the footage filmed in the wood but I will not use the argument. I am going to apply more of a performance narrative to my video, I feel that this would probably be a better idea anyway as it fits with the conventions of pop music videos more. I think I will use the romantic scenes as they are but continue to film the female performer by herself doing girly things so it looks like memories of her. I will put all memories in black and white to show the seperation between performance and narrative. I will need to use the green screen room to film the artist singing and I am going to get him to apply subtle dance moves and make it quite gestural so it doesn't get tedious and too repetitive. I think this idea will work a lot better than the original idea because looking at the storyboard now, I feel it is unrealistic and there is far too much narrative rather than performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment